Dear readers, it seems that you like hearing about the little-known facts, oddities and sometimes weird things that make us tick. So once again I am here to enlighten you to some new facts.
Psych 101; Stuff We Do That You Probably Didn’t Know:
- Mildly to moderately depressed people have a more accurate view of life and the world than non-depressed people.
- Pathological liars don’t have empathy or think ahead about the consequences of their lying. They just automatically lie always.
- Although we think we can, actually we are very bad at telling when people are lying.
- The more defensive you become about an issue means that you uncertain about the issue and your position.
- People routinely choose and vote for the first person on the voter’s ballot.
- We make most of our decisions unconsciously despite thinking otherwise.
- There is no such thing as multi-tasking. Our brains cannot do more than one task at a time.
- All people are inherently lazy and will do the least as possible to conserve energy.
- Our minds wonder 30% of the time even when we are trying to concentrate.
- Our most vivid memories are incorrect!
There you have it, the latest in psych 101’s weird and wonderful facts. Fascinating stuff isn’t it. I think so. People never cease to interest me, and I just love learning about all of us and how we interact with each other every day. Have a good one.
Some references for your reading pleasure: