Photograph courtesy of www.jimrohn.com
In 2015 I wrote the following post:
Jim Rohn was broke at 25 years old and a millionaire by 31 years old. He managed to achieve this by meeting and becoming the employee of John Earle Shoaff, an entrepreneur.
Jim Rohn learned a new philosophy about life that then changed his life. The following are a summary of the basic points which he follows. They are straight forward but also require commitment and discipline.
See what you think.
- How quickly we respond to adversity is far more important than adversity itself. The great challenge of life is to control the process of our own thinking.
- Seek an objective, outside voice about how you are and what you’re doing. Observe the successes and failures of other people. Study people who do well.
- There are two books you need to read to build your philosophy: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.
- A journal is a gathering place for all of our observations and discoveries about life. Jot down what you learn and be a buyer of empty books. It’s the small disciplines that lead to great accomplishments.
- Find people whose personalities and achievements stimulate, fascinate and inspire you, and then strive to assimilate their best qualities. Be a good listener. Find a voice of value and stay for a while.
- New disciplines practised daily will produce exciting results. The magic of new disciplines causes us to amend our thinking.
- Neglect is the major reason people don’t have what they want. Build your philosophy. Commit yourself to a new journey and say, I’m going to change my life. Once you do, you’ll never look back.
Summarised from original article by Jim Rohn
Update: August 24. 2016
Just the other day I came across some articles that Mr Rohn had written for Success Magazine. I will be sharing links to many of the articles through my Twitter feeds in the coming weeks. But reading his articles once more reminded me how much I enjoyed them and how worthy each one was.
Jim Rohn was a man before his time in many respects. He provided insight into so many aspects of life far beyond marketing and business. It’s uncanny how a lot of his articles include points that people are writing about today as if they are new ideas.
You can find Jim Rohn’s books on his website, here.