As I sit down on a Saturday evening to write this post that will publish Monday morning, I think it’s time for a bit of wisdom thrown in with some humour. And what better way than to talk about Christina Yang from Grey’s Anatomy.
A few days ago I watched the season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy sans Christina Yang, and I’m still wondering if the show will survive without her wonderfully vibrant character. So I think it is a very appropriate time to remember some of Christine’s memorable quotes from the show. These quotes are both funny and often wise. The perfect mixture. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- Oh, screw beautiful, I’m brilliant! You wanna appease me, compliment my brain!
- If there’s no food, I’m going home.
- How am I supposed to get through the holidays without liquor?
- I’m laughing, just not externally.
- Pretty is not good enough, I wanna be great.
- I’m not wearing white (to her wedding). It’s sexist and vaguely racist.
- If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.
- Being aware of your crap, and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things.
- There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s when real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all.
- I’m not a spoon. I’m a knife, and I’m going to stab you in the eyeball.
- I haven’t had sex for like three days, and I think it’s giving me superpowers. Everything is bright and clear. I am solving problems. No wonder you are so organized, you have virgin superpowers.
- You are my person. You will always be my person.
- I think you’re either born simple or you’re not. I want to be the person who gets happy over finding the perfect dress. I want to be simple because no one holds a gun to the head of a simple girl.
- It’s like candy, but with blood, which is so much better.
- If I were you, I would just walk around naked all the time. I wouldn’t have a job, I wouldn’t have any skills, I wouldn’t even know how to read.
- What’s worse is I care.
- I made a break for freedom.
- So when we’re on duty, I can have sex with someone else?
- I’m so hot! I can do hot in my sleep! I can do hot in scrubs!
- Hell hath no fury like a girl whose non-boyfriend screws a nurse.
- I haven’t observed religious holidays since I was old enough to know better.
- Can I have both? Can I be a great surgeon and have a life?
- If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor.
- Okay, you’ve officially become creepy.
- I’m waiting for how this applied to me.
- I can’t go. We have to dance it out. That’s how we finish.
Goodbye, Christina, we’ll miss you. We’ll miss your brilliance and your wit.
Resources that helped me with this post: