I have definitely been spending too much time online, which in my case means hanging out with my boring old U.S.A marketing-type “friends.” Yesterday evening as I was perusing a well known Toronto publication I came across a big spread promoting 5 delicious Cannabis Cocktail Recipes!
What! Yeah, really. Have I missed something here? Well, it seems I haven’t missed a big change in the law or anything just a lot of unrest from the Canadian cannabis community. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also promised to legalize Pot so that has everyone in a haze of expectation. Pun intended.
Have I missed something here? Well, it seems I didn’t miss a revolution but there is a lot of unrest from the Canadian cannabis community. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has also promised to legalize Pot so that has everyone in a haze of expectation. Pun intended.
Apparently, “nowadays in Toronto, you can find doctors, clinics and dispensaries in almost every neighborhood offering to hook you up.” –NOW
So for those of you that are still wondering about how to make delicious cannabis cocktails here are a few recipes courtesy of Now.
THE CANNABIS COCKTAIL: ST GERMAIN’S ORCHARD
Pairs well with fall’s favourite fruit, fresh apples.
For this recipe, you’ll need to “de-carb” ¼ ounce ground cannabis first. De-carbing activates the weed’s psychoactive ingredients.
- Spread your cannabis on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 115°C for 30 minutes.
- Place the de-carbed weed in a Mason jar, add 2 cups gin (or your fave vodka or rum) and store in a cool place for 10 days, giving it a shake or stir every couple of days. Strain through cheesecloth or coffee filter. To make your drink
- Pour 1 ounce St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur into a champagne flute.
- Add 1-ounce gin-infused cannabis and 3 ounces apple juice.
- Top with Perrier or club soda and garnish with
- an apple slice.
THE CANNABIS COCKTAIL: THE TIFF TRIP HOME
Become light on your feet with this spicy cocktail.
Don’t have 10 days? Don’t worry. You can create an instant dope-enhanced simple syrup that can be added to a variety of cocktails. Bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a boil in a saucepan, add your de-carbed cannabis, 4 whole cloves and 4 sprigs fresh rosemary and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain syrup through cheesecloth.
To make your drink
- Pour 2 ounces gin into a goblet.
- Add 1-ounce cannabis-infused rosemary and clove simple syrup.
- Top off with ½ ounce Perrier or club soda plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon.
THE CANNABIS COCKTAIL: MOJITO AFTER DARK
The sweater-weather version of a summer classic.
- Muddle 7 fresh mint leaves with the juice of ½ lime and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Transfer mixture to a highball.
- Add 2 ounces dark or gold rum infused with cannabis (see our recipe for cannabis-infused spirits above).
- Top with Perrier or club soda.
- Garnish with mint and lime.
THE CANNABIS COCKTAIL: CANNIBAL CORPSE REVIVER NO. 6IX
A must-serve accompaniment to any cannibal love story.
- Pour 1-ounce cannabis-infused gin (see our recipe for cannabis-infused spirits) into a goblet. Add 1 ounce each Lillet Blanc, Grand Marnier, and fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish with orange peel and run for your life.
THE CANNABIS COCKTAIL: LA PUTAIN BLEU
Sweet but surprising, this is a pretty cocktail you’ll want to have again and again.
- Muddle 7 blueberries with ½ ounce cannabis-infused simple syrup (no cloves or rosemary in this one).
- Add 1½ ounces of your favourite brand of vodka, ½ ounce of St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur and ½ ounce of fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
- Strain into a parfait glass and top with Perrier or club soda.
Thank you, NOW, for all of the above delicious looking recipes.
If you’re interested in more Cannabis recipes like the ones above check out these: