Hi, my name is Amanda and I am a Grey’s Anatomy fan. I admit that I am powerless over the show’s magnetism and am drawn to watch it on a regular basis.
The 2014-2015 season has been traumatic for me with the departure of Dr Christina Yang (Sandra Oh). I loved her character’s brilliance and sass. It has taken me quite awhile to adjust to her absence.
Now, however, I am hit with a totally unexpected new blow. The dramatic death of Dr Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey), husband to Dr Meredith Grey, ( Ellen Pompeo).
I am honestly left wondering if the show can survive after losing two such dominant characters, especially in one season. Only time will tell.
Meanwhile, I thought it would be appropriate to see some of Derek’s memorable quotes from the show as I did when Christina left.
Quotes of Dr Derek Sheperd:
- “I am a nerve guy”
- “I showered twice. Thanks to you!” (speaking to Meredith, his wife)
- “Life is short. So now I think less and just do.”
- “Killing someone is inhumane. Denying him painkillers is a judgement call.”
- “Every kiss before the right kiss doesn’t count anyway.”
- “I got Zola (his daughter) her first fishing pole. It’s pink.”
- “Well, the only predictable thing about fishing is that it’s unpredictable.”
- “Did we just start talking about porn?”
- “Yang is bartending. You know how disturbing that is?”
- “Yeah, Dr Yang and my wife sometimes have sleepovers in my bed with me in it.”
- ‘Don’t McDreamy me.”
- “If you don’t feel the losses…that’s when you know you’re not cut out for this kind of work.”
- “It’s a beautiful day to save lives.”
- “Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don’t.”
Well said Dr Shepherd. We’ll miss you, take care.